Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today. VisibleJobs publishes top job vacancies in Nigeria.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach and one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Manager (Nigeria Integrated Health Activity)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Category: Human Resources
Slot: 4 Openings
- The anticipated $250M (est.) USAID/Nigeria Integrated Health Activity seeks to increase the survival and well-being of vulnerable populations and improve health system resilience in priority states.
- The activity will strengthen the development and execution of state-level health and development plans and scale-up high-impact MNCAH, FP/RH, nutrition, malaria and HSS interventions.
- The anticipated activity will be based in Abuja, Nigeria and provide technical assistance in four priority states.
- RTI is seeking 4 Human Resources (HR) Managers to serve in either of the four priority states on the USAID/Nigeria Integrated Health Activity.
- The HR Managers will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring proper administration of the program’s HR programs, processes, and operation support services.
- This position will report to the State-level Operations/Finance Directors.
- Review, disseminate, ensure full compliance of HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks in tandem with local labor laws, client rules and regulations, RTI policies, values, ethics, procedures and strategies.
- Facilitate CCN orientation and file orientation reports as espoused in the project on orientation and induction.
- Track and update the project Staff Census; maintain RTI’s projects manual and excel based personnel database, and support use of this information by project staff for planning and administration purposes.
- Archive and file all contracts of service and one-time project consultants.
- Disseminate HR communication, priorities, and allocated tasks; and ensure strict adherence to procedures in recruitment.
- Maintain HR files; track and compile project leave schedules, accounting for all staff absence by receiving and filing PTO authorizations; performing the functions of absence monitoring and recording; advise staff on their leave entitlements.
- Coordinate preparation of CCN contracts through timely preparation and submission of Employment Administration requests (e.g. personnel action forms and offer request memos).
- Provide advice and ensure proper staff performance management processes adherence on the project, including performance planning, documentation of reviews, and end of year performance appraisals. Ensure deadlines for documentations and analyses are met.
- Assist in fostering project staff learning initiatives with consultation with RTI Regional Office HR, recommending and enrolling project staff in short-term courses that are beneficial to the project.
- Conduction staff orientation and inform staff members on their employment conditions and entitlements, including on-entry briefings.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Master’s Degree and 6 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of local labor, employment, and tax laws in Nigeria.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs or organizations strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- High level of personal and professional integrity, discretion, and compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Verbal and written English proficiency is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please note that this position is contingent upon award / award from USAID.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO & Pay Equity Statements:
- As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission.
- We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.