Apply for TeamAce Recruitment Vacancies, Jobs Application for Financial Controller via Visiblejobs Portal.
At TeamAce, we help businesses across different industries thrive. We work with businesses to create their desired change by getting the right people, designing bespoke business processes, leveraging data, applying insights and technology. We combine our expertise and take different bespoke approaches to solve different business challenges because we believe there is no one size fits all approach. This way, you keep your eyes on the prize and thrive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Financial Controller
Job Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
Department / Unit: Finance
Job Summary & Purpose
- This role will ensure accurate reporting and analysis of company’s financial transactions.
- It will also be responsible for effectively managing the company’s financial resources as well as recommending strategies for managing operational costs and maximising profits. Location Organisational Relationships:
- Liaises with the Group CFO to develop/update and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures and strategies across the Group
- Develops the Group’s annual plans, budgets, forecasts and financial performance metrics to guide business operations and strategy execution
- Establishes company-wide standards for system, data and processes. Develops, updates and guides the implementation of finance SOPs across the group
- Designs and guides the implementation of a sound accounting framework and compliance with tax and other statutory provisions
- Assists in the development and maintenance of sound financial controls across the group’s operations ? Coordinates the proper capturing of financial transactions and consolidation of the company’s accounts from all business units and functions
- Prepares accurate, comprehensive and timely financial and management information including tax, cash flow, management accounts and other statutory accounts
- Coordinates the preparation of the company’s financial reports
- Manages the statutory reporting process, including setting timetables and providing guidelines to operational finance teams across the Group. This includes supporting the year end Group accounts and annual review process
- Works with finance teams to ensure intra-group balances are regularly reconciled and variances fully investigated and resolved
- Maintains on-going liaison with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. regulatory organisations, auditors, solicitors, banks etc.
- Prepares Letters of Credit for approval and forwards to the bank to facilitate the importation of products
- Oversees the computation and remittance of taxes, payment of insurance premiums and other statutory fees
- Provides technical training, guidance and advise on financial accounting issues, developments and trends
- Reviews weekly reports submitted by various departments/functional units and presents timely reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Assists the CFO in financial risk management and control
- Ensure strict adherence to HSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager Person Specifications Academic
Qualification Professional Qualification Experience
- First Degree in Finance / Accounting / Economics
- A post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years at management level. Key Skills and competencies
- Experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in financial management and ability to diagnose and solve complex financial problems ? Ability to analyze financial data and interpret financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Strong Integrity
- Competency in the use of automated financial accounting and reporting applications.
- Good knowledge of local and international financial regulatory standards.
- Intuitiveness and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- High level of integrity and objectivity
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement. Physical Exertion on the job Yes – Mild Key Performance Metrics: Performance Area Performance Indicators Accounts Management
- Integrity of physical and electronic accounting information
- Timely resolution of accounts discrepancies
- Accuracy in documentation and easy retrieval of financial transaction records
- Number of timely losses identified
- Timely reconciliation of accounts Financial Reporting
- Timeliness, completeness and accuracy of financial reports
- Sanctions from regulatory authorities arising from late or inaccurate statutory report.
29th June 2022
Candidates are to check their email addresses regularly.
Only the qualified candidates shall be shortlisted.
Interview shall be conducted for the qualified candidates.
You can share this post by clicking on the share buttons.
Follow the Instruction Above to Apply for 2022 TeamAce Recruitment Vacancies, Jobs Application for Financial Controller.